Our popular annual Archaeology Dayschool will take place on Saturday 15th November. Once again there will be a full programme of talks from our staff and guest speaker, covering a range of archaeological topics. Many of these are current or recent projects so you can find out about some of the latest research. Topics covered will include:
- Fascinating Finds of 2014
- Archaeology of the Worcester Porcelain Industry
- Flooding and the Historic Environment
- A new LIDAR survey at Devils Spittleful
- Skeletons from Worcester Royal Infirmary
- Redditch – New Town, Old History
- 3D Modelling of Droitwich
- Hot off the Shovel – news from the excavations at Copcutt
- Iron Age Bridle Bits – an equine perspective
There will also be book stalls and displays by local groups, as well as opportunity to find out more about the wide range of things we do.
This year Worcestershire Archaeological Society are kindly supporting the event, and you will be able to find out more about them and forthcoming activities.
The day, which runs from 10am to 5pm, costs £20 to attend. You can download a booking form here. Please note that advance booking is required as the event often sells out.