Explore the Past at The Hive offers:
- An area for consulting original archives, under the guidance of staff
- The facility to talk to archaeologists and access the archaeological record
- A large self-service area for using microform and internet sources
- A local studies and archaeology library
- Printed guidance and information to help you find your way around the archive and archaeology collections
- A conservation room for the repair and preservation of documents
- Prearranged group visits 'behind the scenes'
- A programme of history and archaeology based events and activities for all ages and interests
As well as our public services Worcestershire Archive and Archaeology Service undertakes a range of work to protect, manage, record, interpret and promote the history and historic environment of Worcestershire.
- Collect, preserve, make available and advise on archives
- Undertake digitisation work on our own collections and those of others
- Conserve documents in our care to ensure their long term preservation
- Work with districts, county and regional and national agencies to manage and protect Worcestershire's Historic Environment
- Deliver a wide range of professional archaeological services
For more information on what we do and to search our online catalogues, please visit our website at www.worcestershire.gov.uk/waas.
For more information on services available at The Hive, visit the website at www.thehiveworcester.org.