Christmas Opening Hours
We will adjust to Hive opening hours as follows:
- Sunday 24th December, self service open 08.30-13.00
- Monday 25th Dec – Christmas Day, closed
- Tuesday 26th Dec – Boxing Day, closed
- Wed 27th Dec, original archives area is open 10.00-16.00 instead of our usual Wednesday closing time of 19.00
- Thursday 28th – Saturday 30th, standard open hours
- Sunday 31st Dec, self service open 08:30-17:00
- Monday 1st Jan – New Years Day, closed
- Tuesday 2nd January onwards, open as usual.
What we do
Our friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable staff provide access to archive services and resources to thousands of people each year. We make available the records of the county’s history, connecting you with the stories of Worcestershire people and places through historical maps, parish registers, wills, photographs and much more.
For those unable to make the journey to Worcester, there are various ways for you to get access to archives you need. We’re happy to advise you free of charge on our service and the collections we hold, and we offer a paid research service undertaken by our expert staff. In addition, we can provide copies of commonly used resources such as wills, parish registers, and electoral registers.
An introduction to using our catalogue and order documents can be seen below